- Posted on
Elyctis eases ID reading integration with its ID BOX One Attach series, the thinnest static eID reader on the market
PERTUIS, FRANCE, April 13, 2016 – Elyctis announces its new range of products: the ID BOX One Attach series. This new range fills a gap in the company’s offer. It provides an easy path to systems integrators willing to include ePassport or ID card reading on their existing automats.
The ID BOX One Attach can be easily snapped on the side of an existing kiosk, automat, vending machine etc. It reads all ePassports and ID documents such as national ID cards, driver’s licenses, residence permits and others… Thanks its single antenna design and thin MRZ scanner, ID BOX One Attach is the smallest static eID reader of the market. Without movement from the user, the ID BOX One Attach readers detect the document, read the MRZ (machine readable zone) of the document and use the information to access the chip. The reader supports all ICAO standards and ensures documents are read fast and accurately.
Typical applications for the ID BOX One Attach series include:
- Airport passport control, single action reader makes usage easy and convenient where space is limited,
- Hotel check-in, as no user education is needed,
- Self-service terminal, thanks to the reader user-friendliness,
- Banking registration, for a seamless integration in KYC process,
- SIM registration, to provide a low-cost easy to deploy solution,
- Car rental, thanks to fast and efficient driver’s license verification.
Alexandre Joly, Elyctis CEO declares: “With the new ID BOX One Attach series Elyctis is now able to provide ID reading capabilities for all situations and integration levels. The
Attach series provides an easy integration path between the stand-alone and the fully integrated OEM version. This way integrators can test their markets with the snap-on ID BOX One Attach series before considering a full integration of ID reading functions.”
The ID BOX One Attach comes in two versions:
- the ID BOX One 211, able to read the MRZ of ID1, ID2 and ID3 documents and
- the ID BOX One 221, that includes both a MRZ reader (ID1, ID2 and ID3) and a contactless reader.
In addition, Elyctis ID BOX One Attach series and other Elyctis products will be demonstrated during Cards and Payment Asia, in Singapore, on 20 – 21 April 2016. Do come and visit us on booth G04A.
Headquartered in Pertuis, France, Elyctis specializes in the development of hardware and software dedicated to Secure Identity Documents (e-passport, e-ID card, e-driver license, …). The company, created in 2008, has a longstanding expertise in eID projects, as well as hardware and software developments.
More information at www.elyctis.fr
Alexandre JOLY, CEO, +33 6 27 71 37 68